One of the many Belgian waffles shops in Brussels. Here located on rue de l’Ã‰tuve a few steps from the famous Manneken Pis statue. Recipe is below.
Attractive display of Belgian waffles with various toppings
The girl on the left is cooking a fresh batch using wafer irons
The one on the right now cutting them into even individual portions
Here another display showing prices
Want to try and make them in the comfort of your own home ?
Here’s the recipe for Belgian waffles:
- In a mixing bowl put 250 grams of Flour with a spoonful of sugar, a large pinch of powdered vanilla, a small one of salt and eight egg yolks and mix it all together
- Then slowly blend in half a liter of sweetened cream or fresh milk
- Melt 250 grams of butter in a pan
- Whip the eight egg whites until they are very stiff
- Add the melted butter to the original mixture followed by the whipped egg whites
- Lightly grease a waffle iron and heat
- Fill one side with a good spoonful of the waffle mix and close the iron
- Cook until it has a golden color
- Serve with some icing sugar or the topping of your choice