La Maison Communale de Saint-Gilles or in English the Saint-Gilles Town hall was completed in 1904. It was built according to the plans of architect and urbanist Victor Besme and bears a lot of similarities with a French chÃ¢teau with Venetian overtones seen in the tower. The interior can be visited during office working hours from 8h00 to 12h30 and 13h to 16h30 at Place Van Meenen 39, 1060 Saint-Gilles, Belgium.
The Hotel Hannon was completed in 1903 by architect Jules Brunfaut for his friend Edouard Hannon who wanted a townhouse in the much popular at the time Art Nouveau style. Almost demolished in 1965 after the death of Hannonâ€™s daughter when it fell into the wrong hands, it was saved by the town of Saint-Gilles who bought and then completely renovated it. The Hannon Hotel was in 1976 listed by the Royal Commission for Monuments and Sites and is currently home to the Espace Photographique Contretype, an organization devoted to promoting creative photography through exhibits and other events.