Ã‰glise St. Lambert, or in English the Saint Lambert Church is located in the Woluwe-Saint-Lambert municipality of Brussels. The steeple and the central part of this Romanesque church whose origins remain uncertain date back to the 12th Century. At that time it was probably conceived as a village church with one nave. As the population increased, the church was modified and enlarged, notably by the addition of the side aisles and a chapel dedicated to Our lady. The choir was rebuilt and endowed with neo-Gothic interior decoration in the 19th Century. In 1938, a new neo-Romanesque style church was attached to it, the work of the architect Ch. Veraart.